GEARFEST POP-UP MARKET
Our GearFest is a pop-up market for individuals to buy and sell 2nd hand, used or nearly new outdoor clothing, equipment, literature & books, guidebooks maps, photos, prints, pictures & artwork and any other outdoor related and nature inspired stuff!
When you buy or sell unwanted or used gear you are helping protect our environment and promote sustainability. With limited natural resources and the vast amounts of energy required to manufacture new products reusing quality outdoor gear and clothing helps to break the rampant waste cycle of buy and replace.
Dust off that once or well-loved but seldom used outdoor gear and bring it to GearFest to make some extra cash. Come and shop and find new treasures. Don’t let that older but still useful item go to waste. Help it find a second home where it can be a part of someone else’s new adventures.
GearFest will also host a ‘Donate’ stand where you can simply donate your unwanted or surplus gear and when sold the proceeds will go directly to the Kerry Mountain Rescue Team.
GearFest will take place on Sunday 11th of March from 10:00 – 13:30 in the Killarney Mountain Festival BaseCamp. Vendors cost is €10 per table and this money will go to KMRT.
What Items can I bring to sell?
- GearFest is all about recycling and non waste of any outdoor clothing and equipment that is used for hiking, camping, trail running, climbing, backpacking, canoeing, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding (SUP), mountain biking, road biking, and snowsports.
- Sellers please CLEAN all gear and WASH all clothing you plan to sell prior to the event.
- Some items might include outdoor active wear that is in good condition meaning cleaned and no holes, tears, rips, etc.. Items may be patched.
- Clothing and activewear might include jackets, fleece, rain jackets, down jackets, etc. that are specific to outdoor activities or outdoor brand apparel from Mt. Hardwear, Mt. Equipment, SprayWay, Rab, Marmot, Patagonia, Karrimor, North Face, LaSportiva, Arcteryx, Deuter, Osprey, and many many more!
- Outdoor equipment includes tents, backpacks, bike racks, kayak equipment, hiking shoes, trail runners, bike shoes, camp stoves, snowshoes, cross-country skis, trekking poles, paddles, kayaks, and much more. Again, please ensure items are clean and in working order.
- Climbing shoes, chalk bags, and crash pads are acceptable, but no safety related climbing equipment such as used ropes or helmets can be accepted.
- If items are as large or larger than a kayak we ask that you contact us prior so we can make sure there will be room for it before you haul it to GearFest.
What Items We can’t accept.
- Any safety related items cannot be sold at our GearFest due to liability. This includes;
- 2nd hand Climbing harnesses, ropes etc.
- Protective helmets
- Non-Outdoor Fashion Clothes
- Life Jackets / PFDs
Share photos of any gear you intend to sell at GearFest by uploading them to Instagram and tagging @Killarneymountainfestival or you can also email us photos of any gear you plan to bring to sell and we will post for you. As photos get tagged we will post them to the festival Facebook page. Keep checking back to see if that special treasure or awesome deal your hunting for might be soon discovered.